International Service Projects
The Rotary Club of Welland invests in many international service projects that help to improve the quality of life for children, families and communities.
These are just a few of the recent International Service Projects the Welland Rotary Club is currently undertaking:
- Two projects investing in science equipment, kitchen equipment and technology at the Newton Science School in Candelaria, Philippines;
- Repair and renovation of a school for children with special educational requirements in Candelaria, Philippines;
- Educational Uplift Program for 23 elementary schools, 4 high schools and 1 special education school and 2 alternative learning schools; involved with about 50,000+ students. This involved building a relationship with each school and working with the Department of Education to set up achievement criteria and to establish a teaching program for the teachers to enable them to work effectively with the equipment;
- Investment in developing a water well to supply water to three local villages, as well as training in the Philippines;
- Investment in Nicaragua in partnership with the local Rotary Club and the Providenco organization to supply 14 villages with a Nanny and a Billy Goat.
The Rotary Club of Welland is dedicated not only to supporting local initiatives but also in providing support and investment internationally.
Click here to see Economic Development impact through Welland Rotary Club financial investments throughout the years.